- Error loading feed data.
Kursus yang ditawarkan di Politeknik Jeli ialah :
- Diploma Kejuruteraan Elektronik (Perhubungan)
Berikut adalah sedikit penerangan berkenaan kursus tersebut :
Electronic engineering is another branch of engineering that deals with practical application of designing, fabrication and operations of electronic circuits, electronic devices, broadcast and communication systems, biomedical equipment and medical imaging which operates at low voltage sources as part of its driving force.
The Diploma in Electronic Engineering (Communication) is a three-year full-time programme comprising of six semesters course work with one full semester of industrial training built-in. Students are prepared for their future role in the economy by building a solid foundation in technical knowledge and the necessary skills, related to the field of electronic engineering.
The Diploma in Electronic Engineering (Communication) covers broad discipline of electronics engineering, with specialization in communication technology. The programme is designed with a broad-based electrical and electronic engineering foundation which includes mathematics, electrical and electronic fundamentals, computer fundamentals and programming, communication system fundamentals, semiconductor devices, wiring installation and computer aided design which provides versatility to the graduates, while emphasizing the area of specialisation towards the end of the programme. The specialization courses include telephony, fibre optic communication, data communication, wireless communication and microwave devices.
Apart from the technical knowledge and skills, the programme also emphasizes on the development of the individual potential of students in an integrated and holistic manner through courses such as Islamic studies, moral studies, co-curriculum, soft-skills and entrepreneurship.
This programme provides the knowledge and skills in communication engineering that can be applied to a broad range of careers in most electronic communication field. The knowledge and skills that the students acquire from the programme will enable them to participate in the job market as:-
- Assistant Engineers / Technical Executive
- Sales Executive
Graduates of diploma in engineering programmes at Polytechnics will have knowledge, skills and attitude that will allow them to make tangible contributions and meet new technical challenges. They will possess entrepreneurial skills, practice good work ethics, be able to promote good morality and behaviour, and continuously enhance their knowledge and skills. The graduates will communicate and interact responsibly and be able to contribute effectively as a team member. They will also be adaptable to new changes at the work place.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the programme of the Diploma in Electronic Engineering (Communication), the graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to electrical and electronic engineering procedures and practices.
- Troubleshoot, repair and do maintenance for electrical and electronics equipment with specialization in communications.
- Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and the society at large.
- Work independently or as a team member successfully.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of electrical and electronic engineering practices.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the impact of electrical and electronic engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- Recognise the need for entrepreneurship, professional development and engage in independent and lifelong learning.